The DevOps Engineer is a dynamic position that encompasses networking, software development, and server administration. As a DevOps Engineer you would be involved in research and development of new technologies as well as supporting production applications.
Pavlov Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote,
discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
- Collaborate with the appropriate departments and customers to build systems that supports organizational requirements
- Maintain current server infrastructure
- Research new technology
- Provide recommendations and fixes to technical problems in a cost-effective manner.e
- Automation of tasks using a combination of scripting, and configuration management systems.
- Deploy systems and applications
- Maintain detailed records and prepare communications as needed
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Participates in Corporate continuous improvement initiatives to enhance client service, efficiency, and profitability.
- Participates in selected inter departmental meetings, conferences, conference calls, and planning.
- Document tasks completed and in progress daily.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- B.A. recommended or equivalent work experience
- Must have a working knowledge of Linux servers
- Must have a working knowledge of networking
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Visio
Desired Skills, Experience Requirements and Positives:
- Excellent Communication skills (strong verbal and written required)
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Teaming skills
- Experience with networking is desirable
- Time management and multi-tasking skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiar with Source Control tools
- Familiar with Ubuntu
- Understand of both Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking
- Ability to easily adapt to changes in processes, procedures, and priority
Experience Requirements and Positives:
- 2+ years of experience in Systems Administration
- Experience with a CI/CD environment
- Experience DPDK and VPP a plus