- General construction site clean up
- Set up and assist with maintaining machinery with supervision
- Digging and backfilling holes
- Running general errands as needed
- Traffic control
- Maintains equipment by performing or scheduling routine and emergency maintenance
- Willingly and cooperatively responds to outside plant emergency calls as needed
- All other duties as assigned
- BONUS: Experience operating a vacuum excavation system
- Cement work consisting of asphalt repair, jack hammer, tamper and chop saw
- Starting pay is $15.50/hr
- Employees must obtain their Commercial Learner’s Permit (CLP) within 60 days of hire.
- Employees must obtain their Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) within 90 days of hire.
- Knowledge of telecommunication construction and cable installation practices and procedures
- Knowledge with underground cable construction
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Must have clean driving record
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening
- Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions
- BONUS: valid CDL license
- Experience running low voltage cables through buildings is a plus
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Ability to learn cable splicing techniques and color code
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Ability to read and interpret various formats of English language instructions such as maps, blue prints, diagrams, etc.
- Skill in completing multiple tasks, identifying problems and finding resolutions
- Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to meet deadlines, perform under stress and achieve optimum results
- Maintain strict confidentiality guidelines in accordance with company policy
- Demonstrates dependability through good attendance and adherence to timelines and schedules.
- Ability to effectively function as a team player and project a positive attitude
- Able and willing to be on call and work extended hours, weekends and holidays
- Able and willing to continue technical skill development by attending training away from home for an extended time frame.
- Must be able to hear and have visual acuity including close vision
- Ability to lift 70+ lbs
- Must be able to walk, stoop, kneel, bend crawl, and move through a job site
- Must be able to be active for 10+ hours a day
- Ability to drive for extended periods of time