Helpdesk - NOC Level 1
The Helpdesk/NOC Level 1 is responsible for assisting clients with troubleshooting of router, switch, workstation, phone, and cloud services. This position provides procedural guidance, training, and support to members of the Tier 1 support team. The Helpdesk/NOC Level 1 fulfills the service of incoming and outgoing telephone calls and support functions. This position will require familiarity with networking, client operating systems, security, and cloud services to assist field technicians, customers and educate Tier 1 agents and guests.
Functional areas of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Responding to support inquiries, demonstrating knowledge and confidence in networking, security, client operating systems, and cloud services.
- Answering incoming calls and maintaining set goals for service levels.
- Motivating and inspiring other employees to follow up and complete cases, service calls, outbound calls, and the tracking of open issues.
The Helpdesk/NOC Level 1, working closely with the other Helpdesk and NOC staff as well as the NOC Manager and IT Service Manager, excels in training, learning, assisting, and supporting the goals of the team members and the company. It is the responsibility of the Helpdesk/NOC Level 1 to uphold the Pavlov Media mission of Simply Exceptional Connections Nationwide.
This position is entry level with advancement opportunities available to highly motivated individuals.
Each NOC Technician 1 will have the same basic responsibilities:
- Maintain a customer first attitude to ensure customer satisfaction
- Respond to inquiries from Field Technicians, Tier 1 agents, and clients.
- Work with resources to resolve any issues Tier 1 or business to business clients may encounter.
- Identify and escalate any issues with products or services that impact customer acceptance, satisfaction or retention.
- Adhere to defined quality guidelines for customer communication.
- Maintain familiarity with all products and services offered and clients supported.
- Demonstrate an understanding of effective troubleshooting skills and the ability to use them.
- Meet assigned goals for calls answered, call length, call quality, resolution time, service level agreements, and utilization.
- Review processes and recommend changes to improve the overall effectiveness/efficiencies. Maintain departmental knowledge resources.
- Assist with upkeep on training materials and process information for both the Helpdesk and the NOC.
- Motivate others and lead by example in a team environment.
- Coach, share information, and provide feedback on a consistent basis.
- Help team members develop an understanding of competitor products, describe key differentiators, and keep apprised of market trends.
- Take the lead on special projects and perform additional duties as needed.
- “Customer First” service-oriented approach
- Ability to work under aggressive deadlines and shift priorities as required to meet business requirements and deadlines
- High-level communication skills: professional communication, demeanor, and appearance
- Time management and multitasking abilities
- Reliable and responsible team player
- Extensive leadership, tasking, and delegation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Adaptable and participative in positive, continual changes in process or procedures
- Understanding of network standards, such as TCP/IP
- Strong knowledge of routers, switches, hubs, wireless, fiber optics and other technical components used in networks
- Proven ability to troubleshoot connectivity issues on a data network
- Knowledge of service infrastructure and cloud services
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows (7, 8 or 10) Macintosh, Adobe, PC hardware and Microsoft Office 365 applications
Desired Experience and Positives:
- Troubleshooting data networks and end user devices.
- Customer service
- Logical troubleshooting skills
- Propensity to learn new skills and adapt quickly to new challenges