Helpdesk - NOC Level 2
The Helpdesk/NOC Level 2 is responsible for assisting clients with troubleshooting of router, firewall, switch, workstation, phone and cloud services. This position provides procedural guidance, training, and support to members of the Helpdesk/NOC Level 1 support team. The Helpdesk/NOC Level 2 fulfills the service of incoming and outgoing telephone calls and support functions. This position will require familiarity with networking, client operating systems, security, and cloud services to assist field technicians, customers, and educate Helpdesk/NOC Level 1 agents and guests.
Pavlov Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote,
discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
Functional areas of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Responding to support inquiries and demonstrating knowledge of and confidence in networking, security, client operating systems, and cloud services.
- Answering incoming calls and maintaining set goals for service levels.
- Motivating and inspiring other employees to follow-up and complete cases, service calls, outbound calls, and the tracking of open issues.
The Helpdesk/NOC Level 2, working closely with other Helpdesk and NOC staff as well as the NOC Manager and IT Service Manager, excels in training, learning, assisting and supporting the goals of the team members and the Company. It is the responsibility of the Helpdesk/NOC Level 2 to uphold the Pavlov Media mission of Simply Exceptional Connections Nationwide.
This position is intermediate level with advancement opportunities available to highly motivated employees.
- Maintain a customer first attitude to ensure customer satisfaction
- Respond to inquiries from Field Technicians, Helpdesk/NOC Level 1 staff, and clients
- Work with resources to resolve any issues NOC Level 1 or business to business clients may encounter
- Identify and escalate any issues with products or services that impact customer acceptance, satisfactions or retention
- Adhere to defined quality guidelines for customer communication
- Maintain familiarity with products and services offered and of clients supported
- Demonstrate an understanding of effective troubleshooting skills and the ability to use them
- Meet assigned goals for calls answered, call length, call quality, resolution time, service level agreements, and utilization
- Review processes and recommend changes to improve the overall effectiveness/efficiencies
- Maintain departmental knowledge resources
- Assist with the upkeep on training materials and process information for both the Helpdesk and the NOC
- Motivate others and lead by example in a team environment
- Coach, share information, and provide feedback on a consistent basis
- Help team members develop an understanding of competitor products, identify key differentiators, and be apprised of market trends
- Take the lead on special projects and perform additional duties as needed
- "Customer First" service-oriented approach
- Ability to work under aggressive deadlines and shift priorities as required to meet business requirements and deadlines
- High-level communication skills: professional communication, demeanor, and appearance
- Time management and multitasking abilities
- Reliable and responsible team player
- Extensive leadership, tasking and delegation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Adaptable and participative in positive, continual changes in process or procedures
- Understanding of network standards, such as TCP/IP
- Strong knowledge of routers, switches, hubs, wireless, fiber optics and other technical components used in networks
- Proven ability to troubleshoot connectivity issues on a data network
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows (7, 8, and 10), Macintosh, Adobe, PC hardware and Microsoft Office 365 applications
- Knowledge of network level anti-virus, intrusion prevention, web filtering, application control, mobile treat detection and sandboxing systems
- Proficiency with entry level server administration
- Proficiency with Office 365 services, including but no limited to, Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive and Teams
Experience Requirements and Positives:
- Desired Majors: Network Administration, Systems Development, or related fields
- Desired Certifications: Cisco Certified Network Associate, Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate, Comptia A+, Comptia Network+, Comptia Security+, Comptia Cloud+
- Must have experience with the techniques, application and installation of data networks, servers, and client machines
- Experience in troubleshooting networking issues
- Experience in troubleshooting workstation issues
- Experience in troubleshooting server issues
- Experience in troubleshooting cloud service issues
- Experience using professional service automation systems (ie: Dynamics, ConnectWise, Remedy, etc.)
- Experience using remote monitoring and management systems (ie: N-Able, Solarwinds, LabTech, Automate