Monitoring Systems Administrator
The Monitoring Systems Administrator will be involved in the day to day monitoring of our customer facing systems. As a Monitoring Systems Administrator you will be involved with systems administration, application management, and some software development.
Pavlov Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote,
discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
- Collaborate with the appropriate departments and customers to build systems that supports organizational requirements
- Maintain current server infrastructure
- Develop and update software tools in Python
- Provide recommendations and fixes to technical problems in a cost-effective manner.
- Automation of tasks using a combination of scripting, and configuration management systems.
- Troubleshoots and performs break-fix tasks on all systems as necessary including servers, appliances, and systems
- Maintain systems security
- Maintain detailed records and prepare communications as needed
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Participates in Corporate continuous improvement initiatives to enhance client service, efficiency, and profitability.
- Participates in selected inter departmental meetings, conferences, conference calls, and planning.
- Document tasks completed and in progress daily.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Excellent Communication skills (strong verbal and written required)
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Teaming skills
- Experience with networking is desirable
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Time management and multi-tasking skills
- Familiar with SNMP
- Familiar with all Windows Server (2016/2019)
- Familiar with Ubuntu
- Ability to code in Python
- Ability to easily adapt to changes in processes, procedures, and priority
Experience Requirements and Positives:
- 2+ years of experience in Systems Administration
- Experience with virtualization and storage systems
- Experience with SolarWinds monitoring suite a plus