Network Innovation Engineer
A Network Innovation Engineer is a member of the Research team at Pavlov Media focused on emerging networking hardware and software technologies. This person is responsible for discovering, researching, and supporting development and deployment efforts for new technologies.
Pavlov Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote,
discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
- Discover new technologies that may be of benefit to Pavlov Media through a number of outlets such as vendor relationships, conferences, and research efforts
- Convey value to business through formal research workflows including presentation to executive team members
- Design and review the Marketing department’s budget
- Execute research by engaging in activities like: Architect and implement real world scenarios in lab environments, Discovering automation capabilities, Collaborating on product requirements
- Develop relationships with vendors
- Provide support for development activities such as: Maintaining testing environments, Troubleshooting issues with hardware and networking, Validating development product solutions
- Act a liaison between innovation and operational teams
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
- Expert knowledge of layer 2 networking
- Working knowledge of routing and routing protocols
- Working understanding of Unix operating systems like Linux
- Experience with network functions such as DHCP, RADIUS, DNS, NAT, and security
- Understanding of orchestration and provisioning technologies such as Ansible, Kubernetes, NetConf, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot physical hardware issues
- Ability to build and maintain physical and virtual servers
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness to see tasks and project through to completion
- Outstanding communication skills (oral, written, presentation, listening)