The NOC Manager position will provide leadership in the design, maintenance, and troubleshooting of Pavlov Media’s property deployed customer network and its supporting infrastructure.
Pavlov Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote,
discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
- Provide daily leadership of the NOC team, including supervision of all NOC personnel, managing task assignments, and scheduling resources.
- Establish and maintain processes for prioritizing workflow complete with escalation paths to ensure that site issues are dealt with promptly.
- Establish and maintain standards for configurations and firmware as they apply to all components of the data and video networks.
- Ensure that staff complete all assigned tasks in a timely manner and keep all data recorded and updated.
- Have the ability to perform the following secondary responsibilities and assign staff accordingly
- Engineer plan, design, troubleshoot network routers, switches, and wireless equipment
- Maintain, upgrade, troubleshoot existing infrastructure equipment and configurations including central DHCP and anycast DNS
- Make design changes to meet best practices and set standards to maximize customer experience
- Provide phone support to remote field technicians
- Monitor and analyze protocol communication to determine issues
- Assist in design reviews for the network technologies
- Aid in the resolutions of upstream provider related outages and troubles
- Handle all escalated issues that NOC personnel are unable to resolve
- Understand network/systems, maps, diagrams, tables, charts, and other documents for administrative strategic and tactical reference
- Understand engineering diagrams, drafts, tables, flow-charts, charts, equipment lists and other visual information and documentation
- Interface directly with other groups to provide detailed system design and capabilities information
Education/Experience Requirements and Positives:
- L 3 to 5 years of managerial experience in a similar position
- 7+ years’ experience of LAN/WAN configurations (Cisco, HP, D-Link, AP's) onsite
- Knowledge in Protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF,RIP,IGMP)
- Strong knowledge of physical layer (Cat5, coax, fiber etc.), Data-Link (switches, bridges) Including, but not limited, to building and installing data infrastructures, satellite systems, cabling, phone systems/support, grounding, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with OSI model, common network services, and SNMP related tools repair
- Knowledge and experience with dB levels of video equipment
- UNIX based scripting
- Strong Linux skills
- Experience of Packet Analysis Tools
- Proficiency with DNS, DHCP and HTTP
- Must have a strong working knowledge of LAN and WAN networks with experience in troubleshooting LAN/WAN, server and TCPIP networking problems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows (Windows XP, Vista, and 7), Macintosh, Adobe Acrobat. PC hardware, and Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Knowledge of SolarwindsNMS/Opens NMS
- Proven leadership experience will play a key part in this role.
- Ability to work under aggressive deadlines and shift priorities as required to meet business requirements and deadlines
- High-level Communication Skills: Professional communication, demeanor, and appearance
- Time-Management and multi-tasking abilities
- Collaborative Teaming Skills
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills – financial, logistical, and human resources analysis skills
- Adaptable and participative in positive, continual changes in process or procedures
- Customer Service oriented approach
- Continue to enhance technical knowledge and capabilities; develop a better understating of networking, routing, etc. and best practices
- Mentor leadership skills and provide guidance to members of the NOC organization
- Lead staff meetings and team assignments
- Must be reliable
- Communicate the customer service mission of NOC clearly to each NOC person on a daily, if not hourly, basis
- Report project progress via formal and informal channels
- Utilize standardized documents, forums, processes, and procedures to ensure that all pertinent progress and financial information is communicated to the appropriate parties
- Communicate via phone, cell phone, text message, and email to Pavlov Supervisors/Executives as requested
- “After hours” and weekend communication can be expected
- Professional communication skills are critical in this position