NOC Technician 3
The NOC Technician 3 will troubleshoot distributed network routers, switches and wireless equipment as well as video Head Ends (receivers, amps and dishes). Coordinate upgrades of equipment at locations. Provide phone support to field technicians and resident escalations. Monitor and analyze protocol / video communication to determine issues. Assist in design reviews for the new technologies. Escalate site outage issues to appropriate parties and communicate outages with customers and property staff. The NOC Technician 3 provides procedural guidance, training, and support to members of the NOC Technician 1 and 2.
Functional areas of this position include, but are not limited to: Responding to support inquiries and demonstrating knowledge of and confidence in Pavlov Media’s Products and Services. Answering incoming calls and maintaining set goals for service levels. Motivating and inspiring agents to follow up and complete cases, service calls, outbound calls, and the tracking of open issues. The NOC Technician 3, working closely with the other NOC staff members as well as the NOC manager excels in training, learning, assisting, and supporting the goals of the team members and company.
NOC Technician 3 Leadership
- Configure network hardware (Cisco, HP, D-Link and Wireless Access Points).
- Install and maintain Video Head End and customer premise equipment.
- Perform Move / Add / Changes on Cable and Satellite (Dish Network, DirecTV).
- Diagnose equipment and address configuration on hardware and software issues (Transponders, Modulators, Channel Guide, and Community Channel).
- Perform installation, service and maintenance for devices (Network and video).
- Understand monitoring and alerts for corrective action.
- Work within a ticketing and work order system.
- Resolve issues to meet SLA requirements and escalate if necessary.
- Work with Telco’s to turn up circuits (T1, DS3, Metro-E).
- Phone support with field technicians, escalated residents and property staff to resolve issues.
- Communicate changes, outages to appropriate contacts and customers.
- Produce and update documentation to process, drawings and monitoring system.
- Fields questions from Field Technicians, NOC Technician 1 and 2’s and Tier1 agents.
- Works with resources to fix any issues the NOC Technician 1 and 2’s and Tier1 agents may encounter.
- Motivates others by leading by example in a team environment.
- Coaches, shares information, and will provide feedback on a consistent basis.
- Review processes and recommend changes to improve the overall effectiveness / efficiencies. Maintain departmental knowledge resources.
- Provide weekly / monthly reporting on cases and services calls if requested.
- Maintain familiarity with all products and services offered and properties supported.
- Helps agents develop an understanding of competitor products and services and effectively describe key differences.
- Take the lead on special projects and perform additional duties as needed.
- Demonstrate an understanding of effective troubleshooting skills and the ability to use them.
- Assist customers and agents in support of services.
- Adhere to defined quality guidelines for customer communication.
- Maintain a customer focus to ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
- Identify and escalate any issues with products and services that impact customer acceptance, satisfaction or retention.
Assist with upkeep on training materials and process information for both NOC and Tier1 agents.
- Provides direction in procedure and product support guidance to our customers, Tier1 agents, and NOC Technician 1 and 2’s and create call logs and update all cases within the established timeframe.
- Accepts escalated customer issues that may come from other NOC agents.
- Resolves or escalates customer issues or questions within the established and acceptable timeframe. Monitors NOC work queues for volume/accuracy.
- Responds to telephone calls, emails and chats within the established response standard.
- Maintains ownership of issues and follows through on all customer issues until those issues are properly closed. Assists other NOC agents in doing the same.
- Enters services and procedural information into the dedicated NOC shared resources for use by other Pavlov Media employees.
- Keeps technically abreast of all Pavlov Media products and services, bug fixes, software releases, and troubleshooting methods.
- Provides additional shift coverage when required.
- Provides standard and ad hoc reports, charts, and graphs when requested.
- Assists with training sessions for customer and employees; mentors other Pavlov Media employees whenever possible.
- Assist in call quality and scoring for both NOC and Tier1 agents to help continually improve our customer support and service.
- Communicates with Property Staff providing outage updates, requesting power confirmations, providing office support and working with them on escalated resident issues.
Communication / Other:
Requirements and Minimum Education Level:
Educational Requirements and Desired Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- One or more years of customer service, customer sales or direct customer facing support is required.
- One or more years of support or leadership experience desired.
- Experienced knowledge of LAN and WAN networks, TCPIP networking, DNS, DHCP and HTTP.
- Understanding of Television Products, including cable television, satellite television and IPTV is desired.
- Familiarity with VOIP Telephony is desired.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows (XP, Vista or Windows 7/8), Macintosh, Adobe Acrobat. PC hardware and Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Periodic overnight travel may be required.
- Shifts are subject to change based on business needs, and employee standings in regards to shift bids. Seniority for shift bids is based on employee’s work performance then date of hire with the company. Working some weekends and holidays required.
- Minimum 1 Year experience as NOC Technician 2
- CompTIA Network+
- Mikrotik Intro Networking, Mikrotik Security, Mikrotik Routing, Mikrotik VPN
- Ruckus Training (Internal)
- Ruckus Solutions Engineer (WiSE)
- Switch Training (Internal)
- Sitting for extended periods of time while at a desk or in meetings.
- Hearing and visual acuity within normal range.
- Manual dexterity to operate a keyboard, calculator and telephone system.
- Ability to lift up to 25+ pounds.
- Demonstrated servant-leadership skills
- Excellent Communication skills (strong verbal and written required).
- Exceptional listening skills.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues to non-technical users.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Teaming skills.
- Time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Computer skills.
- Superior Customer Service Skills: Professionalism, People Skills and Phone Etiquette.
- Ability to easily adapt to changes in processes, procedures and priority.
Ability to read, analyze, summarize and interpret general IT periodicals, journals and technical procedures.