The PC/Apple Technician is responsible for repairing any hardware of software issue with a PC or Apple. The PC/Apple technician fulfills the service of clearly communicating with customers and understanding their specific issue. Additionally, there will be a need of occasionally helping with incoming phone calls and retail customer support needs.
Functional areas of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Responding to support inquiries, demonstrating knowledge and confidence in the workings of computers, security, client operating systems, and networking to resolve issues.
- Answering incoming calls and advising callers on their technical questions.
- Motivating and inspiring other employees to follow up and complete repairs, service calls, outbound calls, and the tracking of open issues.
The PC/Apple Technician, working closely with the other staff as well as the IT Service Manager, excels in training, learning, assisting, and supporting the goals of the team members and the company. It is the responsibility of the PC/Apple Technician to uphold the Pavlov Media mission of Simply Exceptional Connections Nationwide. This position is entry level with advancement opportunities available to highly motivated individuals.
Pavlov Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote,
discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
- Maintain a customer first attitude to ensure customer satisfaction
- Field questions from Field Technicians, and clients.
- Work with resources to resolve any issues business to business clients may encounter.
- Identify and escalate any issues with products or services that impact customer acceptance, satisfaction or retention.
- Adhere to defined quality guidelines for customer communication.
- Maintain familiarity with all products and services offered and clients supported.
- Demonstrate an understanding of effective troubleshooting skills and the ability to use them.
- Meet assigned goals for calls answered, call length, call quality, resolution time, service level agreements, and utilization.
- Review processes and recommend changes to improve and maintain the overall effectiveness/efficiencies of departmental knowledge resources.
- Assist with upkeep on training materials and process information for the Technician.
- Motivate others and lead by example in a team environment.
- Coach, share information, and provide feedback on a consistent basis.
- Help team members develop an understanding of competitor products, describe key differentiators, and keep apprised of market trends.
- Take the lead on special projects and perform additional duties as needed.
- “Customer First” service-oriented approach
- Ability to work under aggressive deadlines and shift priorities as required to meet business requirements and deadlines
- High-level communication skills: professional communication, demeanor, and appearance
- Time management and multitasking abilities
- Reliable and responsible team player
- Extensive leadership, tasking, and delegation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Adaptable and participate in positive, continual changes in process or procedures
- Understanding of network standards, such as TCP/IP
- Strong knowledge of PC’s and Apple products like MacBooks and iMacs.
- Ability to troubleshoot connectivity issues on a data network
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows (7, 8 or 10), Macintosh, Adobe, PC hardware and Microsoft Office 365 applications
Experience Requirements and Positives:
- Troubleshooting data networks and end user devices.
- Customer service
- Logical troubleshooting skills
- Propensity to learn new skills and adapt quickly to new challenges