The VOIP Engineer will play a fundamental role in tailoring our phone system’s to meet business needs. You will design, administer, maintain and support of the availability, performance and security of the network systems that include Routers, Firewalls, Switches, Session Border Controllers, ATAs, PBX platforms, Circuits, SIP Trunks, E911, Dial Planning, Route Patterns, PSTM, handset devices and servers evidencing strong knowledge of security, switching, and routing technologies. As a VOIP Engineer you will work closely with clients and other divisions of Pavlov Media to provide VOIP solutions that are suited to company need while aligning the solutions with business goals and budget. An ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of VOIP and Networking technologies and be able to prioritize tasks based on business needs.
Pavlov Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote,
discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
- Collaborate with the appropriate departments to build systems that supports organizational requirements.
- Maintain current server infrastructure.
- Provide recommendations and fixes to technical problems in a cost-effective manner.
- Ensure continuous delivery of technical services through oversight of Service Level Agreements with End Users and monitoring of systems, programs and equipment performance
- Design, administer, maintain, and support Routers, Switches, PBX devices, ATA devices, handset devices, and servers.
- Prioritize and resolve trouble/request tickets.
- Analyze and evaluate network performance and provide solutions to optimize traffic flows, security, and processes.
- Work directly with clients to create solutions using VOIP technologies.
- Ensure precise, consistent and timely communications with the users and Pavlov Management.
- Maintain detailed records and prepare communications as needed.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Participates in Corporate continuous improvement initiatives to enhance client service, efficiency, and profitability.
- Participates in selected inter departmental meetings, conferences, conference calls, and planning.
- Report weekly on tasks completed and in progress.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Sales and Account Management duties as required.
Requirements and Minimum Education Level:
- B.A. recommended or equivalent work experience
- Must have a working knowledge of VOIP Systems,
- Must have a working knowledge of Networking Systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Visio
- 5+ years of experience as VOIP Engineer
- Experience with Time/Project tracking solutions
- Experience in the Telecommunication industry is a plus.
- Experience in Telecommunications sales is a plus.
- Experience with networking is desirable.
- Time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Familiar with Router and Switch Technologies
- Familiar with VOIP Technologies
- Familiar with PBX Technologies.
- Familiar with ATA and handset technologies
- Ability to easily adapt to changes in processes, procedures, and priority.
- Excellent Communication skills (strong verbal and written required).
- Interpersonal skills.
- Teaming skills.