The Warehouse/Logistics Assistant is responsible for providing equipment and materials as requested by other departments within the company in a timely and efficient manner. This is an essential support role that requires a strong attention to detail, follow-through, and exceptional work ethic.
- Assist with shipping and receiving, unloading trucks, checking in equipment.
- Mark materials with identifying information.
- Required to read pick lists or requisitions for items to be shipped or distributed.
- Moving materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves, or bins.
- Open bales, crates, and other containers.
- Data entry of inventory transactions including receipts, shipments and transfers.
- Physical inventory counts – annual and cycle counts.
- Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe for salespeople and customer traffic – includes sweeping, dusting and mopping of warehouse areas.
- May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); three months or more related experience/or training.
- Strong attention to detail
- High-level Communication Skills: Professional communication, demeanor, and appearance
- Time-Management, prioritization and multi-tasking abilities
- Collaborative Teaming Skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Forward planning and organizational skills
- Ability to regularly lift 50lbs and occasionally lift or move 100+ lbs.
- Customer Service oriented approach
Experience Requirements and Positives:
- Knowledge of inventory systems desirable.
- Prior experience in warehousing environment preferred.
- Computer skills a plus.